To ensure our community is healthy and the best it can be, the following policies have been implemented.
Everyone is required to sign our new waiver prior to their 1st class back. Click here to sign. [Please use the same email address on file with your MindBody account with us. This only needs to be signed once.]
Late Policy – No one can enter once class has started. All classes will start right on time and late arrivals will not be admitted.
Late Cancel / No-show Policy – If you reserve a spot in class and don’t show up or cancel at the last minute, we have to turn someone away to save a spot for you and that’s not fair to anyone. Therefore, if you cancel less than 3 hours before class or don’t show up at all, you will be charged a $20 fee or one of your class passes. Please be respectful of your fellow yogis waiting for a spot to open up! Prevent this from happening and let someone else take your spot by cancelling your booking either in the MindBody app or through your account on our website at least 3 hours prior to the start of class. It’s SO simple! Check out our “How to Sign Up & Cancel Out of Class” video HERE.
What is required to attend in-person classes?
Pre-enrollment for class – Enrollment closes 10 min. prior to class start time. Drop-ins are not permitted.
Punctuality – Class time listed means when the class starts. Late arrivals will not be admitted under any circumstances. No exceptions.
You must also bring your own mat and props. Studio props are temporarily unavailable for use.
What about masks?
The Governor of Louisiana has reinstated a state-wide mask mandate. A mask is required to enter our building; we will provide you with a disposable mask if you don’t have one.
Extra cleaning protocols
We continue to have elevated cleaning and sanitizing procedures for our team and fog the studio daily with a botanical disinfectant spray that is EPA approved to kill 99.9% of bacteria, mold and viruses, including COVID-19.
Are AYC classes available online?
YES!!! We have a members-only Facebook group where there are 900+ recorded classes available to access anytime.
What can I do to keep everyone safe in the studio?
If you are sick, coughing, sniffling, have a fever or don’t feel well, stay at home. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you arrive. Bring as few outside items in the studio as possible. Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze and then go wash your hands. Stay a safe distance from everyone. Wear a mask in the studio until you’re situated on your mat in the studio. And avoid touching surfaces or items unless necessary.
Once you pick up your belongings (yoga mat, props, etc.) from inside the practice space after class, please do not set them down again on benches, the couch or other communal areas.
Can I come before class or stay after to hang out?
We will open the doors 10 minutes before class time. After class, please gather your belongings and exit the studio in a timely fashion so that we can prepare the studio for our next class.
Should I pre-register for class?
Pre-registering for class is required. We do not allow walk-ins. Online registration closes 5 minutes prior to the start of class.
Is there a limit on the number of in-person classes I can take?
Nope. But if you register for multiple classes and do not show, you will be charged a $20 no-show fee. Please be mindful about only signing up for classes you will be able to attend.
How far in advance can I register for class?
We have changed it so that for in-person classes you can only register 10 days in advance. This encourages all students to only register for classes they can commit to.
How can I keep supporting Aspire Yoga Center?
The simplest way is to stay a member! Recurring memberships allow us to keep our community sustainable. Also, share our stuff on social media, tell your friends about AYC. Spread the love.
But, most of all, just keep practicing because we believe it has the power to change the world! Help us carry out our mission of enhancing and transforming lives through our offerings.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
What we’re doing:
- Following all guidelines for sanitization as provided by the State of Louisiana
- Using cleaner and disinfectant in the lobby, bathrooms and practice spaces after each class
- Having hand sanitizer available for use
- Sanitizing and disinfecting the practice space and common areas after every class
- Not using studio-owned mats or props
- Using a verbal sign-in system
- No longer accepting cash
- Staying up-to-date on all federal, state and local guidelines and recommendations
- Stopping hands-on adjustments
- Disinfecting the studio daily using a botanical disinfectant spray that is EPA approved to kill 99.9% of bacteria, mold and viruses, including COVID-19.
What you can do:
- If you have a cough, fever, the sniffles, or are sick, please stay home! This helps make everyone feel safe and stay healthy
- Bring your own mat/towel/props
- Wash your hands frequently, for 20-30 seconds at a time
- Come to class clean and maintain good personal hygiene
- Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze, then wash your hands after doing so
- Keep doing yoga! Yoga is a great way to stay healthy mentally and physically. Studies also have shown a regular yoga practice can boost your immune system.
- Once you pick up your belongings (yoga mat, props, etc.) from inside the practice space after class, please do not set them down again on benches, the couch or other communal areas.
- Shop local! Support all your favorite local small businesses that are being affected the most by the economic effect of COVID-19.