To ensure our community is healthy and the best it can be, the following policies have been implemented.
Everyone is required to sign our new waiver prior to their 1st class back. Click here to sign. [Please use the same email address on file with your MindBody account with us. This only needs to be signed once.]
Late Policy – No one can enter once class has started. All classes will start right on time and late arrivals will not be admitted.
Late Cancel / No-show Policy – If you reserve a spot in class and don’t show up or cancel at the last minute, we have to turn someone away to save a spot for you and that’s not fair to anyone. Therefore, if you cancel less than 3 hours before class or don’t show up at all, you will be charged a $22 fee or one of your class passes. Please be respectful of your fellow yogis waiting for a spot to open up! Prevent this from happening and let someone else take your spot by cancelling your booking either in the MindBody app or through your account on our website at least 3 hours prior to the start of class. It’s SO simple! Check out our “How to Sign Up & Cancel Out of Class” video HERE.
What is required to attend in-person classes?
1. Pre-enrollment for class – Enrollment closes 10 min. prior to class start time. Drop-ins are not permitted.
2. New waiver signed prior to 1st class back
3. Punctuality – Class time listed means when the class starts. Late arrivals will not be admitted under any circumstances. No exceptions.
You must also bring your own mat and props. Studio props are temporarily unavailable for use.
Do I have to wear a mask?
A face covering is required to enter the studio and can be removed once you’re situated on your mat in the studio. When you’re not on your mat, a face covering must be worn.
Where do I place my mat to account for proper social distancing?
The studio floor is marked with an Aspire Lotus sticker to designate spots for mat placement to ensure social distancing of at least 6 feet of space measuring from mouth to mouth. Center the top of your mat with a sticker so the lotus is still showing. Remember: You must bring your own mat and props. Studio props are temporarily unavailable for use.
Extra cleaning protocols
We have new cleaning and sanitizing procedures for our team and will be fogging the studio daily with a botanical disinfectant spray that is EPA approved to kill 99.9% of bacteria, mold and viruses, including COVID-19.
How many in-person classes are there?
We’re currently offering three (3) in-person classes per day, one in each main class category – Flow, Fitness and Unwind. That means we have a total of 21 in-person classes per week and plan to add additional classes when the time is right! Our current class schedule can be found on the MindBody app and our website.
Are AYC classes available online?
Many of our classes are live-streamed for our members straight to our members-only Facebook group. There are more than 200 recorded classes already available to access anytime.
Are props available to use in class?
Not currently. We can’t confidently do that safely yet. But we will start to use them as soon as we can. You’re always welcome to bring your own yoga props from home if you’d like.
Will you have rental yoga mats and towels available?
Not yet. As much as we’d love to have these available, we just can’t have the added risk of using them. You must bring your own yoga mat and towel. We have them available for purchase!
Will you be doing hands-on adjustments?
No. Our studio already was pretty limited with hands-on adjustments, but right now our teachers won’t be doing them at all.
What can I do to keep everyone safe in the studio?
If you are sick, coughing, sniffling, have a fever or don’t feel well, stay at home. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer when you arrive. Bring as few outside items in the studio as possible. Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze and then go wash your hands. Stay a safe distance from everyone. Wear a mask in the studio until you’re situated on your mat in the studio. And avoid touching surfaces or items unless necessary.
Once you pick up your belongings (yoga mat, props, etc.) from inside the practice space after class, please do not set them down again on benches, the couch or other communal areas.
Can I come before class or stay after to hang out?
No. We will open the doors 10 minutes before class time. After class, please gather your belongings and exit the studio in a timely fashion to avoid prolonged exposure.
Should I pre-register for class?
Pre-registering for class is required. We will not allow walk-ins both for safety and ease.
Is there a limit on the number of in-person classes I can take?
No. But due to limited class sizes, if you register for multiple classes and do not show, we will limit your ability to pre-register online. Please be mindful about only signing up for classes you will be able to attend.
How far in advance can I register for class?
We have changed it so that for in-person classes you can only register 7 days in advance. This encourages all students to only register for classes they can commit to.
How can I keep supporting Aspire Yoga Center?
The simplest way is to stay a member! Recurring memberships allow us to keep our community sustainable. Also, share our stuff on social media, tell your friends about AYC. Spread the love.
But, most of all, just keep practicing because we believe it has the power to change the world! Help us carry out our mission of enhancing and transforming lives through our offerings.
Cleaning & Sanitizing
What we’re doing:
- Following all guidelines for sanitization as provided by the State of Louisiana
- Requiring teachers to wash their hands before/after classes
- Using cleaner and disinfectant in the lobby, bathrooms and practice spaces after each class
- Reducing class sizes & increasing distance between students
- Having hand sanitizer available for use
- Sanitizing and disinfecting the practice space and common areas after every class
- Not using studio-owned mats or props
- Using a verbal sign-in system
- No longer accepting cash
- Staying up-to-date on all federal, state and local guidelines and recommendations
- Stopping hands-on adjustments
- Disinfecting the studio daily using a botanical disinfectant spray that is EPA approved to kill 99.9% of bacteria, mold and viruses, including COVID-19.
What you can do:
- If you have a cough, fever, the sniffles, or are sick, please stay home! This helps make everyone feel safe and stay healthy
- Bring your own mat/towel/props
- Wash your hands frequently, for 20-30 seconds at a time
- Come to class clean and maintain good personal hygiene
- Cover your mouth if you cough or sneeze, then wash your hands after doing so
- Keep doing yoga! Yoga is a great way to stay healthy mentally and physically. Studies also have shown a regular yoga practice can boost your immune system.
- Once you pick up your belongings (yoga mat, props, etc.) from inside the practice space after class, please do not set them down again on benches, the couch or other communal areas.
- Shop local! Support all your favorite local small businesses that are being affected the most by the economic effect of COVID-19.