I’m the owner of Aspire Yoga Center in Bossier City and am an experienced 200-hour and 500-hour Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) with the Yoga Alliance, the industry standard in yoga certification. I completed Ally Ford’s 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program in 2013. This training provided me with a deeper understanding of yoga, and helped me create a more dedicated personal daily practice. In 2015-16, I completed three separate trainings with Live Love Teach and Free Life People schools of yoga to fulfill and demonstrate all of the requirements of qualification in study, training and practical application for 500-hr advanced yoga teacher certification. I’ve taught more than 2,000 hours of yoga.
In 2002, I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Leisure Studies with an emphasis in Sport Management from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In addition to teaching yoga, I teach group fitness classes and am certified as an American Council on Exercise (ACE) personal trainer.
Over the past 20+ years, I’ve had the honor and privilege to practice yoga with instructors at studios all over the world, including: Champaign-Urbana, IL; Scottsdale, Tempe and Phoenix, AZ; San Diego, CA; Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada; Shreveport-Bossier City, LA; Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin, TX; Little Rock, AR; Brevard, NC; Turks & Caicos; Miami, St. Petersburg, Clearwater Beach and Sarasota, FL; Grand Cayman Island, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Costa Rica and Mexico.
Yoga Industry Experience, Milestones, Trainings & Certifications:
- Attended first yoga class at the Living Yoga Center with Deb Lister in Champaign, IL – September 2001
- Volunteer at the Living Yoga Center in Champaign, IL – September 2001 – July 2002
- Yoga student at numerous studios in the greater Phoenix, AZ area including Spirit of Yoga at SWIHA, At One Yoga and Gilbert Yoga – 2002–2007
- Yoga student at a small Vinyasa studio in Moncton, New Brunswick – 2007–2008
- Yoga Alliance-approved 200-hour Yoga Teaching Certification with Ally Ford – March-November, 2013
- Yoga, Meditation and Service Retreat in the Dominican Republic with Ally Ford – March 25-30, 2014
- Opened Aspire Yoga Center in Shreveport, LA – May 19, 2014
- From Movement To Manifestation: The Art of Vinyasa Flow Yoga with Seane Corn in Little Rock, AR – November 21-23, 2014
- 30-hour Science of the Private Lesson online training with Francesca Cervero – February-April, 2015
- Advanced Anatomy and Assisting Immersion with Stacy Dockins in Ft. Worth, TX – November 7-14, 2015
- Spirituality and Vinyasa Immersion with Philip Urso and Renee Deslauriers of Live, Love, Teach School of Yoga in Rhode Island – March 3-13, 2016
- Opened Aspire Yoga Center in Bossier City, LA, the first heated studio in Bossier/Shreveport – July 11, 2016
- Anatomy of Yoga with Stacy Dockins in Ft. Worth, TX – November 3-13, 2016
- Yoga Alliance 500-hour Yoga Teaching Certification completed with Stacy Dockins of Free Life People School of Yoga – November 13, 2016
- Movement and Design with Stacy Dockins in Ft. Worth, TX – April 17-25, 2017
- Designated as a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider – September 2017
- Teaching Yoga: Teach People, Not Poses online training with Dr. Judith Hanson Lasater – January 2018
- Yin Yoga with Giocanda Parker at Wanderlust Yoga in Austin, TX – November 30 – December 2, 2018
- Assisted and observed 200-hr YTT Level 1 with Stacy and Dave Dockins at The Yoga Project in Ft. Worth, TX, January 31 – February 9, 2019
- Neck, Upper Back, and Shoulder Kinematics workshop with Stacy Dockins at The Yoga Project in Ft. Worth, TX – July 27, 2019
- Breath, The Vagus Nerve, and Wellness workshop with Stacy Dockins at The Yoga Project in Ft. Worth, TX – July 28, 2019
- The Heart of The Leader at Blue Spirit in Costa Rica with Stacy & Dave Dockins – February 1-8, 2020
- Designated as an E-RYT 500 – Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher with 500+ hours of yoga teacher training and 2,000+ hours of yoga teaching with the Yoga Alliance – November 2020
- Sanskrit online workshop with Lindsay Kiracofe – June 6, 2021
Private Session Investment:
$100 for one (1) 60-minute private session
$425 for five (5) 60-minute private sessions
Prices listed apply to sessions that take place at Aspire Yoga Center, located at 3709 Benton Rd. in Bossier City. Additional traveling fee may apply for another location. Pricing for semi-private sessions is an additional $25 per person per session. Payments can be made with cash, credit card or check made payable to Aspire Yoga Center.
Aspire Yoga Center has a strict 24-hour cancellation/rescheduling policy. If you miss your appointment, cancel or change your appointment for any reason with less than 24 hours notice, you will be responsible for paying the full price of the appointment. By giving a last-minute notice or no notice at all, you prevent someone else from being able to schedule into that time slot. This policy is in place to protect your appointment times and the time of others. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
To respect our time, all appointments will begin promptly at our scheduled start time. If you arrive late for a session, we will still end at the originally-scheduled time.
Please contact me at 318-990-0129 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.