Have you been asking yourself, “What is meditation all about and how do I do it?” Then we invite you to join us on Sunday, November 15 for Meditation 101.
This introduction to meditation class, designed for beginners and/or those wanting to refresh their meditation practice, will incorporate the art of looking inside and discovering the stillness of one’s own inner being.
- The following will be included in this one-time class:
- Discussion on why we meditate.
- Conversation on the various types of meditation.
- Basic methods of setting up your meditation.
- Instruction on breath control techniques (pranayama) to prepare and focus the mind.
- Relaxing guided meditation.
Led by devoted meditation practitioner and certified yoga teacher Rachael Zibilich, this mini-workshop will provide you with the tools you need to continue your meditation practice at home.
Sunday, November 15 from 1:30-2:30pm.
Limited to 12 students, the cost is $15 per person. Online registration.
About the teacher:
Rachael Zibilich is a dedicated meditation practitioner and has spent time studying and practicing meditation with Lily Goncalves in Thailand. Rachael is currently in school for Occupational Therapy at LSU in hopes to further deepen her practice of helping others enhance their quality of life through mindfulness.